Skip to main content

Discontentment




It is so easy to feel discontent with where we are right now, at this moment. But living somewhere else, getting married, having a baby, or getting a job won't change our feelings. I will end up being discontent even if those things happen, unless I learn to trust in Christ for my ultimate fulfillment. 

I am learning this every day. Sometimes I think, "Finally, I've arrived!" but then hours later, I am back where I was before. Why is my pride and false humility so hard to kill? The spirit is always warring against the flesh. It seems so hopeless at times.... but there is victory in Christ! As I pray and read His Word and seek His will, He gives me the spiritual strength I need for each day.


“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man 
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.  For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
1 Corinthians 2:9-12

Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”; and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.” Therefore let no one boast in men.
1 Corinthians 3:18-21 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos from England

Stonehenge My dad and I went along with a tour group from the US to learn more about the history of Operation Tiger. We got to meet two American veterans who also came to England. I learned the history of Operation Tiger which I had not been aware of before. This year is the 70th Anniversary of Operation Tiger. They had a big ceremony at Slapton Sands near a tank that was recovered after the war. Exercise Tiger , or  Operation Tiger , was the code name for one in a series of large-scale rehearsals for the  D-Day  invasion of  Normandy , which took place on  Slapton Sands  or Slapton Beach in  Devon . (In late 1943) Coordination and communication problems resulted in  friendly fire  deaths during the exercise, and an Allied convoy positioning itself for the landing was attacked by  E-boats  of the German  Kriegsmarine , resulting in the deaths of 946  American   servicemen. [1] [2] [3]  The incident was under the strictest secrecy at the time due to the impending invasion,

My little sis :-)

Jesus Christ - and We

Jesus Christ- and We Christ has no hands but our hands ,   to do His work today; He has no feet but our feet   to lead men in His way; He has no tongue but  our tongues to tell men how He died, He has no help but our help   to bring them to His side. We are the only Bible,  the careless world will read; We are the sinners' gospel,  we are the scoffers' creed; We are the Lord's last message,  Written in deed and word- what if the line is crooked,  what if the type is blurred? What if our hands are busy,  with other work than His, What if our feet are walking,  where sin's allurement is? What if our tongues are speaking, of things His lips would spurn, How can we hope to help Him,  Unless from Him we learn? By Annie Johnson Flint  (1862-1932)    I was going through my old school folders and found this great poem. It is so true. We as Christians are to show the world how Christ would act and talk. If we let Him live through us we will stand out a