Skip to main content

Brief recap of 2016

Happy 2017! I have not completely abandoned this blog I promise. I have been working on an associates degree in English, so I wrote papers for class, but not necessarily for the blog. 

Winter is not my favorite season of the year, but I am thankful for all the blessings the Lord has given me. I am glad I have a warm home when it is cold outside and do not live in a tent. (like refugees in Turkey and other places) 
I am reading in Psalms, Song of Solomon, Matthew and Acts.
I am continually reminded of how the Lord forgives and has compassion on us when we fail Him. The verses below stood out to me as I was reading. 


Nevertheless they flattered Him with their mouth,
And they lied to Him with their tongue;
 
For their heart was not steadfast with Him,
Nor were they faithful in His covenant.
 
But He, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity,
And did not destroy them.
Yes, many a time He turned His anger away,
And did not stir up all His wrath;
 
For He remembered that they were but flesh,
A breath that passes away and does not come again.

Psalm 78: 36-39

Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, 
they were multiplied.  
Acts 9:31 

I am re-reading "Secret Believers" by Brother Andrew. I just finished reading "The Journals of Jim Elliot." I found a book at the library called "Funny in Farsi; a Memoir of growing up Iranian in America" by Firoozeh Dumas. It helped me learn more about the Iranian culture. 


 Last year, another volunteer and I went to a Thunder basketball game with a group of children from the Novo Bible club.  January 2016 

     
     
      Please pray that these children will continue to read the Bible and learn more about the Lord. Pray for their families as well. Pray for their salvations. 


I cut my long hair short last April and am on the journey of growing it out again. I have been visiting other blogs about how to grow out short hair. It is a new experience for me! 

A dear friend I met this year. She is a lovely sister in the Lord. August 2016.

                     Holding a friend's cute baby. October 2016 

          At our new coffeeshop, "The Last Drop."        November 2016 

                   Gus, adopted from a rescue shelter this summer. He is spoiled as you can see. 
                     (He is an outdoor cat, but he sneaks in the house)


         Some sweet Iranian friends we met this year. 

           Some friends and my sisters went ice skating.                               January 2017 

Beautiful sunset over snow! January 2017.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos from England

Stonehenge My dad and I went along with a tour group from the US to learn more about the history of Operation Tiger. We got to meet two American veterans who also came to England. I learned the history of Operation Tiger which I had not been aware of before. This year is the 70th Anniversary of Operation Tiger. They had a big ceremony at Slapton Sands near a tank that was recovered after the war. Exercise Tiger , or  Operation Tiger , was the code name for one in a series of large-scale rehearsals for the  D-Day  invasion of  Normandy , which took place on  Slapton Sands  or Slapton Beach in  Devon . (In late 1943) Coordination and communication problems resulted in  friendly fire  deaths during the exercise, and an Allied convoy positioning itself for the landing was attacked by  E-boats  of the German  Kriegsmarine , resulting in the deaths of 946  American   servicemen. [1] [2] [3]  The incident was under the strictest secrecy at the time due to the impending invasion,

My little sis :-)

Jesus Christ - and We

Jesus Christ- and We Christ has no hands but our hands ,   to do His work today; He has no feet but our feet   to lead men in His way; He has no tongue but  our tongues to tell men how He died, He has no help but our help   to bring them to His side. We are the only Bible,  the careless world will read; We are the sinners' gospel,  we are the scoffers' creed; We are the Lord's last message,  Written in deed and word- what if the line is crooked,  what if the type is blurred? What if our hands are busy,  with other work than His, What if our feet are walking,  where sin's allurement is? What if our tongues are speaking, of things His lips would spurn, How can we hope to help Him,  Unless from Him we learn? By Annie Johnson Flint  (1862-1932)    I was going through my old school folders and found this great poem. It is so true. We as Christians are to show the world how Christ would act and talk. If we let Him live through us we will stand out a