Skip to main content

Before the Throne of God Above

I have recently "discovered" this beautiful hymn. It is an old hymn with a new tune put to it. It is number 180 in "Hymns of Truth and Praise." (the red hymn book) I enjoy playing it by ear on piano and singing it.

You can listen to the tune here: Before the Throne of God Above


Before the throne of God above I have a strong, a perfect plea;

A great High Priest, whose name is Love, Who ever lives and pleads for me.




My name is graven on His hands, My name is written on His heart;
I know that while in heav'n He stands, No tongue can bid me thence depart.




When Satan tempts me to despair, And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look, and see Him there, Who made an end of all my sin.



Behold Him there! the risen Lamb! My perfect, spotless Righteousness, The great unchangeable I AM, The King of glory and of grace!


One with Himself, I cannot die; My soul is purchased by His blood;
My life is hid with Christ on high, With Christ, my Savior and my God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus Christ - and We

Jesus Christ- and We Christ has no hands but our hands ,   to do His work today; He has no feet but our feet   to lead men in His way; He has no tongue but  our tongues to tell men how He died, He has no help but our help   to bring them to His side. We are the only Bible,  the careless world will read; We are the sinners' gospel,  we are the scoffers' creed; We are the Lord's last message,  Written in deed and word- what if the line is crooked,  what if the type is blurred? What if our hands are busy,  with other work than His, What if our feet are walking,  where sin's allurement is? What if our tongues are speaking, of things His lips would spurn, How can we hope to help Him,  Unless from Him we learn? By Annie Johnson Flint  (1862-1932)    I was going through my old school folders and found this great poem. It is so true. We as Christians are to show the world how Christ would act and ta...

Walking with Christ

From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more. Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?” John 6: 66-67 What does it mean to walk with Christ? I asked this question today. To walk means to move, to go from one physical place to another. Unless you are walking on a treadmill and then you literally go nowhere! To walk with someone else you have to keep up with their pace, whether they walk slower or faster than you. To walk with Christ we need to watch Him and match our stride with His. Not lagging behind, yet also not walking too far ahead of Him either. I know I tend to run ahead to the future in my thoughts and not always listen to what the Lord tells me in the His Word, the Bible. Who are some people who walked with God? Abraham is one who comes to mind. When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless.” Genesis 17:1 Abraham walked so closely with God ...

Photos from England

Stonehenge My dad and I went along with a tour group from the US to learn more about the history of Operation Tiger. We got to meet two American veterans who also came to England. I learned the history of Operation Tiger which I had not been aware of before. This year is the 70th Anniversary of Operation Tiger. They had a big ceremony at Slapton Sands near a tank that was recovered after the war. Exercise Tiger , or  Operation Tiger , was the code name for one in a series of large-scale rehearsals for the  D-Day  invasion of  Normandy , which took place on  Slapton Sands  or Slapton Beach in  Devon . (In late 1943) Coordination and communication problems resulted in  friendly fire  deaths during the exercise, and an Allied convoy positioning itself for the landing was attacked by  E-boats  of the German  Kriegsmarine , resulting in the deaths of 946  American   servicemen. [1] [2] [3]  The incident w...