Skip to main content

-July 2016- Politics, flowers and hawks.

The Lord's creations are so beautiful. Just now, I was watching four hawks circle in the blue sky. They called to each other to communicate. Just like the hawks, we as believers need to keep the communication lines open. I need to keep on the lookout for attitudes of pride or selfishness when talking with my sisters. It is so easy to "stir up a hornets nest." I had a bad experience with hornets when I was 9 or 10 years old. I have learned that lesson. :)

I watched  some of the Republican convention last night, and saw Melania Trump speak about her husband and how he would make a good president for the US. I am not that interested in politics, although I do remember my Grandma used to be glued to her radio when the elections were happening.

Everyone has a different view, as far as politics, but we as followers of Christ should all agree that the Bible is our guidebook to life. The Ten Commandments are the laws given to the Israelites by the Lord God. Today, the Gentiles (anyone who is not a Jew) have grace, we do not need to be constricted by the law. 

 I have been praying for Central Asia, Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan recently. There are so many terrible things happening in our world. But Jesus Christ can give us peace in the midst of it all. That is amazing for me to think of.


Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.


For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit) is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. 14 Therefore He says:
“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light.”

15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Ephesians 5:1-2, 8-15

I hope you have a blessed Tuesday! 







I will establish one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them—My servant David. He shall feed them and be their shepherd. 24 And I, the Lord, will be their God, and My servant David a prince among them; I, the Lord, have spoken.
25 “I will make a covenant of peace with them, and cause wild beasts to cease from the land; and they will dwell safely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods. 26 I will make them and the places all around My hill a blessing; and I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing. 27 Then the trees of the field shall yield their fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase. They shall be safe in their land; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I have broken the bands of their yoke and delivered them from the hand of those who enslaved them. 28 And they shall no longer be a prey for the nations, nor shall beasts of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and no one shall make them afraid. 29 I will raise up for them a garden of renown, and they shall no longer be consumed with hunger in the land, nor bear the shame of the Gentiles anymore. 30 Thus they shall know that I, the Lord their God, am with them, and they, the house of Israel, are My people,” says the Lord God.’
31 “You are My flock, the flock of My pasture; you are men, and I am your God,” says the Lord God.

Ezekiel 34:23-31













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My little sis :-)

Photos from England

Stonehenge My dad and I went along with a tour group from the US to learn more about the history of Operation Tiger. We got to meet two American veterans who also came to England. I learned the history of Operation Tiger which I had not been aware of before. This year is the 70th Anniversary of Operation Tiger. They had a big ceremony at Slapton Sands near a tank that was recovered after the war. Exercise Tiger , or  Operation Tiger , was the code name for one in a series of large-scale rehearsals for the  D-Day  invasion of  Normandy , which took place on  Slapton Sands  or Slapton Beach in  Devon . (In late 1943) Coordination and communication problems resulted in  friendly fire  deaths during the exercise, and an Allied convoy positioning itself for the landing was attacked by  E-boats  of the German  Kriegsmarine , resulting in the deaths of 946  American   servicemen. [1] [2] [3]  The incident was under the strictest secrecy at the time due to the impending invasion,

The Best [poem]

Christ wants the best. He in the far-off ages Once claimed the firstling of the flock, the                 finest of the wheat, And still He asks His own with with gentlest pleading To lay their highest hopes and and brightest                  talents at His feet. He'll not forget the feeblest service,                humblest love; He only asks that of our store we give to Him                The best we have. Christ gives the best. He takes the hearts we offer; And fills them with His glorious beauty,                joy and peace; And in His service as we're growing stronger, The calls to great achievements still increase. The richest gifts for us on earth, or in                 the heavens above, Are hid in Christ. In Jesus we receive                  The best we have. And is our best too much? O friend, let us                 remember  How once our Lord poured out His soul for us, And in the prime of Hi