Skip to main content

The Lord is the strength of my life


The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1






I tend to think too much about what other people think of me. I can also dwell too much on past events and become fearful and anxious. This verse really encouraged me yesterday. There is no one I need to fear or be afraid of. The Lord is the strength of my life. He is powerful over all mankind and is ready to protect me. He is also with me even if I do not “feel” that He is there. His Word is so comforting and rich, if I just take the time to meditate on it.

What truth has the Lord been teaching you this week?

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your own personal Savior, please consider His offer of salvation. He is the only One who truly understands us and can save us from our sins. Any good deeds or works will not guarantee entry to Heaven. Jesus Christ shed His blood to pay the price that your sin requires. Trust in His perfect work today!
For He says:
“In an acceptable time I have heard you,
And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:2

...that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
Romans 10:9-11






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My little sis :-)

Photos from England

Stonehenge My dad and I went along with a tour group from the US to learn more about the history of Operation Tiger. We got to meet two American veterans who also came to England. I learned the history of Operation Tiger which I had not been aware of before. This year is the 70th Anniversary of Operation Tiger. They had a big ceremony at Slapton Sands near a tank that was recovered after the war. Exercise Tiger , or  Operation Tiger , was the code name for one in a series of large-scale rehearsals for the  D-Day  invasion of  Normandy , which took place on  Slapton Sands  or Slapton Beach in  Devon . (In late 1943) Coordination and communication problems resulted in  friendly fire  deaths during the exercise, and an Allied convoy positioning itself for the landing was attacked by  E-boats  of the German  Kriegsmarine , resulting in the deaths of 946  American   servicemen. [1] [2] [3]  The incident was under the strictest secrecy at the time due to the impending invasion,

The Best [poem]

Christ wants the best. He in the far-off ages Once claimed the firstling of the flock, the                 finest of the wheat, And still He asks His own with with gentlest pleading To lay their highest hopes and and brightest                  talents at His feet. He'll not forget the feeblest service,                humblest love; He only asks that of our store we give to Him                The best we have. Christ gives the best. He takes the hearts we offer; And fills them with His glorious beauty,                joy and peace; And in His service as we're growing stronger, The calls to great achievements still increase. The richest gifts for us on earth, or in                 the heavens above, Are hid in Christ. In Jesus we receive                  The best we have. And is our best too much? O friend, let us                 remember  How once our Lord poured out His soul for us, And in the prime of Hi