Skip to main content

In heavenly love abiding


This January, I saw the first two lines of this hymn engraved on a tombstone in Newton Abbot, Devon, England. I had first discovered the hymn a few years ago, but had forgotten about it. Cemeteries are serious places, my maternal Grandpa is buried in this certain cemetery. I am looking forward to meeting him for the first time when I reach Heaven! Most of all, I cannot wait for the moment I will see my Saviour's face for the first time. I do not deserve to even look into His eyes or be in His presence, yet He loves me and fights and intercedes daily for me. He walked on this earth, and knows what we experience. His grace is sufficient for me. He has put my sin away as far as the east is from the west, He chooses to not remember it. He paid the terrible price for my sin, so I can go free. He gives me peace and joy. 

Do you know my Lord Jesus Christ? If you do not know Him as your Saviour and Lord, please change your "relationship status" as soon as possible. Man is like a breath, or like the grass that is here today and withers tomorrow. You could be in eternity 24 hours from now. Where is your eternal home? Will you be forever with Christ, or forever separated from Christ? 

In heav’nly love abiding,
No change my heart shall fear;
And safe is such confiding,
For nothing changes here.
The storm may roar without me,
My heart may low be laid,
But God is round about me,
And can I be dismayed?
Wherever He may guide me,
No want shall turn me back;
My Shepherd is beside me,
And nothing can I lack.
His wisdom ever waketh,
His sight is never dim;
He knows the way He taketh,
And I will walk with Him.
Green pastures are before me,
Which yet I have not seen;
Bright skies will soon be o’er me,
Where darkest clouds have been.
My hope I cannot measure,
My path to life is free;
My Savior has my treasure,
And He will walk with me.
Hymn author: Anna Letitia Waring. (1850)

You can listen to this beautiful hymn here:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos from England

Stonehenge My dad and I went along with a tour group from the US to learn more about the history of Operation Tiger. We got to meet two American veterans who also came to England. I learned the history of Operation Tiger which I had not been aware of before. This year is the 70th Anniversary of Operation Tiger. They had a big ceremony at Slapton Sands near a tank that was recovered after the war. Exercise Tiger , or  Operation Tiger , was the code name for one in a series of large-scale rehearsals for the  D-Day  invasion of  Normandy , which took place on  Slapton Sands  or Slapton Beach in  Devon . (In late 1943) Coordination and communication problems resulted in  friendly fire  deaths during the exercise, and an Allied convoy positioning itself for the landing was attacked by  E-boats  of the German  Kriegsmarine , resulting in the deaths of 946  American   servicemen. [1] [2] [3]  The incident was under the strictest secrecy at the time due to the impending invasion,

My little sis :-)

Jesus Christ - and We

Jesus Christ- and We Christ has no hands but our hands ,   to do His work today; He has no feet but our feet   to lead men in His way; He has no tongue but  our tongues to tell men how He died, He has no help but our help   to bring them to His side. We are the only Bible,  the careless world will read; We are the sinners' gospel,  we are the scoffers' creed; We are the Lord's last message,  Written in deed and word- what if the line is crooked,  what if the type is blurred? What if our hands are busy,  with other work than His, What if our feet are walking,  where sin's allurement is? What if our tongues are speaking, of things His lips would spurn, How can we hope to help Him,  Unless from Him we learn? By Annie Johnson Flint  (1862-1932)    I was going through my old school folders and found this great poem. It is so true. We as Christians are to show the world how Christ would act and talk. If we let Him live through us we will stand out a