Skip to main content

Christmas in England (Part 2)


Boats on Brixham Harbor. 
(photo credit: Sarah)


(photo credit: Sarah) 

                                 Brixham, England.
(photo credit: Sarah) 


(photo credit: Sarah ) 


One day, we walked around Brixham harbor. It was chilly and windy. The seagulls provided a nice soundtrack. After our walk, we sat down at the lovely Old Market House and had coffee and juice.



      (photo credit: Elizabeth)

      I am not drinking caffeine right now, so I ordered juice. I like how they named the brand J2O.










"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden." 
  Matthew 5:14 (NKJV) 

Back at Grandma's cozy house.





Unique tile design

 Rain drops on Grandma's kitchen window.






“It shall come to pass in that day
That I will answer,” says the Lord;
“I will answer the heavens,
And they shall answer the earth.

 

The earth shall answer
With grain,
With new wine,
And with oil;
They shall answer Jezreel.
 


Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth,
And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy;
Then I will say to those who were not My people,
‘You are My people!’
And they shall say, ‘You are my God!’”


Hosea 2:21-23 

Christmas day was clear in the morning, but in the late afternoon it poured with rain. We had a wonderful time with our relatives at Bovey Castle having a special five course lunch that my Uncle arranged. We left the warmth of a crackling fire inside the castle and ran in the rain to the cars. 

I had just read these verses in Hosea on December 24. Instead of being ungrateful for the rain and the inconvenience of getting wet, the Lord reminded me of this verse. When the Lord answers us it is always a blessing. Even if He does not answer the way we would like. 
I am still learning this!  

I hope you all had special times and made memories with your families over Christmas time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos from England

Stonehenge My dad and I went along with a tour group from the US to learn more about the history of Operation Tiger. We got to meet two American veterans who also came to England. I learned the history of Operation Tiger which I had not been aware of before. This year is the 70th Anniversary of Operation Tiger. They had a big ceremony at Slapton Sands near a tank that was recovered after the war. Exercise Tiger , or  Operation Tiger , was the code name for one in a series of large-scale rehearsals for the  D-Day  invasion of  Normandy , which took place on  Slapton Sands  or Slapton Beach in  Devon . (In late 1943) Coordination and communication problems resulted in  friendly fire  deaths during the exercise, and an Allied convoy positioning itself for the landing was attacked by  E-boats  of the German  Kriegsmarine , resulting in the deaths of 946  American   servicemen. [1] [2] [3]  The incident was under the strictest secrecy at the time due to the impending invasion,

My little sis :-)

Jesus Christ - and We

Jesus Christ- and We Christ has no hands but our hands ,   to do His work today; He has no feet but our feet   to lead men in His way; He has no tongue but  our tongues to tell men how He died, He has no help but our help   to bring them to His side. We are the only Bible,  the careless world will read; We are the sinners' gospel,  we are the scoffers' creed; We are the Lord's last message,  Written in deed and word- what if the line is crooked,  what if the type is blurred? What if our hands are busy,  with other work than His, What if our feet are walking,  where sin's allurement is? What if our tongues are speaking, of things His lips would spurn, How can we hope to help Him,  Unless from Him we learn? By Annie Johnson Flint  (1862-1932)    I was going through my old school folders and found this great poem. It is so true. We as Christians are to show the world how Christ would act and talk. If we let Him live through us we will stand out a