Skip to main content

Bible reading and prayer


Hello faithful readers! Sorry for the lack of posts, I do not promise to write every week, but I am wanting to get back into writing more frequently. :) 

I have been reading the Bible a new way than I used to. I used to read one chapter in the Old Testament and one chapter in the New Testament. I would try to read a Psalm and Proverb for the day too. 

For about 7 months now, I have been reading one book of the New Testament for the whole month. So I read the whole book through each day. The next day, I read the whole book through again. 

Something I have been noticing is that I really absorb the message this way and key words and phrases jump out at me. In May, I was reading 1 Timothy, so I got to know it very well! I am reading Tim Lahaye's "How to Study the Bible for Yourself" and he mentions reading this way. He suggests studying the book after you have become familiar with it. I have gained a greater appreciation for the Word of God in the last few months. 

The more we read His Word, the more we can imitate it! Even though at times I have rushed through, or not made time to read the Bible, I see it now as essential nutrients for my Spirit. I have tried to use "No Bible, No breakfast" as a motivator, but that is not for everybody. 

 I encourage you to keep on reading and being nourished and built up in the Word. The Lord will bless you as you follow and obey Him.


"Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.  Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership.  Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all. Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you."
1 Timothy 4:12-16

I was blessed and inspired by the Week of Prayer for North America. It was held in Kansas City a few weeks ago, and the meetings were live streamed online. I didn't go to the actual meetings, but was able to watch and pray at home. You can watch the recorded sessions on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDE7HCxWDWttKbaqEERqKaQ or here:http://naweekofprayer.com There is some great Bible teaching and exhortation. Some phrases that stuck with me:
"Are we, the church, a troop carrier or a luxury liner?" 

"You might be the answer to your own prayer." 

"Love God, Love people." Christ loves individuals.


"Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,  who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time..."
1 Timothy 2:1-6


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos from England

Stonehenge My dad and I went along with a tour group from the US to learn more about the history of Operation Tiger. We got to meet two American veterans who also came to England. I learned the history of Operation Tiger which I had not been aware of before. This year is the 70th Anniversary of Operation Tiger. They had a big ceremony at Slapton Sands near a tank that was recovered after the war. Exercise Tiger , or  Operation Tiger , was the code name for one in a series of large-scale rehearsals for the  D-Day  invasion of  Normandy , which took place on  Slapton Sands  or Slapton Beach in  Devon . (In late 1943) Coordination and communication problems resulted in  friendly fire  deaths during the exercise, and an Allied convoy positioning itself for the landing was attacked by  E-boats  of the German  Kriegsmarine , resulting in the deaths of 946  American   servicemen. [1] [2] [3]  The incident was under the strictest secrecy at the time due to the impending invasion,

My little sis :-)

The Best [poem]

Christ wants the best. He in the far-off ages Once claimed the firstling of the flock, the                 finest of the wheat, And still He asks His own with with gentlest pleading To lay their highest hopes and and brightest                  talents at His feet. He'll not forget the feeblest service,                humblest love; He only asks that of our store we give to Him                The best we have. Christ gives the best. He takes the hearts we offer; And fills them with His glorious beauty,                joy and peace; And in His service as we're growing stronger, The calls to great achievements still increase. The richest gifts for us on earth, or in                 the heavens above, Are hid in Christ. In Jesus we receive                  The best we have. And is our best too much? O friend, let us                 remember  How once our Lord poured out His soul for us, And in the prime of Hi